Friday, August 15, 2008

Union Thugs Complain About Free Speach

The AFL-CIO, a group of union thugs and three other left-wing groups have asked the Federal Election Commision (FEC) to rule on Wal-Mart's ability to speak about politics. This comes from unions and leftist groups that are spending fortunes in order to elect Democrat Barack Obama, a man who has promised to take away the rights of workers to vote on union representation. Obama has also told the Teamsters that he would take away federal oversight of that notoriously corrupt union in exchange for their support. So America's unions want to take away the free speech rights of union members and the free speech rights of employers. They are barking up the wrong tree concerning the FEC due to the fact that the Democrats have refused to vote on replacing members of the FEC so that the commision cannot meet with a quorum, thus helping Obama with his illegal fundraising that he has been doing in places like the Gaza Strip. The Democrats Orwellian name of the Obama co-sponsored bill, the Employee Free Choice Act really sounded better in its original German.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Publia said...

I hope you saw the op ed by George McGovern in the Wall Street Journal opposing the act.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121815502467222555.html?mod=opinion_main_commentaries

7:25 PM  
Blogger El Rider said...

Hey Publia,
Welcome back from the hinterlands! I did see that article and I should have linked to it but I was writing while trading, not a good thing for writing or, frankly trading. Thanks for the link, next time that I write about the unions that link will be included. In my rather illustrious career I was once a member of the AFL-CIO, back in college I had a job as an elevator operator (SEIU) so I feel comfortable writing about those guys, literally my relatives.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home