Thursday, August 03, 2006

Carter & Son on CBOT Floor #2

After talking to some folks I have found out that my memory is correct, Carter's son worked at the CBOT during the '80s. One source said that Amy worked here as a runner for a few weeks during the '80s (thank you Tony). I also think that one of Jerry Ford's kids (Jack?) worked here at that time. I do remember mayor Jane Byrnes kid "working" here in the late '70s or early '80s. The grandson of the Democratic lawyer who was the counsel for the Republicans during the impeachment of Clinton also was a runner down here. I cannot remember his or his grandfather's name at the moment but I will post it when I get home; I read his book on the impeachment and it is in my bookcase.

UPDATE: the Counsel refered to above is David P. Schippers whose book is Sell Out - The Inside Story of President Clinton's Impeachment. The book is a great read and his grandson who worked on the trading floor one summer is a nice kid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home