Thursday, August 03, 2006

Soros to Sell Deathtraps


c Paul Tan
George Soros wants to sell you this Cherry QQ for $20,000

The Gateway Pundit has the story about George Soros’ plans to team up with Oil-For–Food Scandal star Maurice Strong to sell an allegedly pirated automobile design in the US. The strangely named the Cherry QQ is allegedly a near exact knock-off of the Daiwoo Matiz. The Chinese manufacturer has been sued by GM subsidiary Daewoo over the alleged rip-off. The car is a scary looking thing that is sold for $3,600 overseas and as much as 5,000 euros in Europe. Soros has the brainstorm to sell them for, oh about $20,000 here in the states. Keep it up George; the PR and Advertising world could use some more of your money. When I first saw the piece on Soros accompanied by a photo of the car I figured that they would try to sell the things for less than $10,000, a lot less. To get an American to buy a Chinese car at this point in time is going to be a challenge but a crappy little econo-box for $20,000? This is their plan to bring down the big three American auto makers? Hey George, good luck with the US Department of Transportation, I’m sure that they would love to allow that thing into the states. I think that Soros and Strong may need to employ Owsley Stanley in their promotional campaigns. Maybe they already have.

More on Stanley here.

More on the Photo above here.

Update: If I was approached to invest in a scheme like this I would assume that it was a scam. I once knew a person who sold penny stocks (I knew him, I did not associate with him) and ran into him at the Vector Aeromotive display during the Chicago Auto Show about 15 years ago and it was clear as day that Vector was a money scheme and not an auto company. The Wikapedia article that I linked to is informative but too friendly; I saw that Wiegert guy in action and I do not trust him.

Update 2: This is just par for the course with Soros and his Democratic pals; they consider Americans to be idiots.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:44 PM  
Blogger El Rider said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:51 AM  
Blogger El Rider said...

I deleted a "comment" from some ignorant troll who clearly cannot read, or his mommy can't read, who knows. I also deleted my initial reaction to said troll. To the Anonymous loser who posted the ignorant comment - grow up.

6:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't that just like you completely ignorant unsuccessful armchair critic types - can't handle a criticism, so remove it and pretend...

Gosh, I'm sure Soros and his $5 billion plus fortune are worried about such smart guys as yourself outfoxing them in the trading business.

Oh my lord, people like you make it so easy....

9:18 AM  
Blogger El Rider said...

Hey Hoser, your ignorant musings have been posted above, along with relevant criticism. Hope that this makes you happy; if not putting your pacifier in honey may help.

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home