Monday, August 07, 2006

Delete or Not Delete plus Naked Bloggers

Early Friday morning I took down a comment to this post because it struck me as incoherent and besides I knew that I wouldn’t have time to respond or even read my blog for several days. Because anonymous was so upset that I deleted his ignorant musings Flying Debris has decided to repost his ridiculous comments:


"Do you actually look into anything before you write?

Do you know that the car
showed (sic) will never hit the US shores and yes, does sell for about $4,000 in
China?

Do you know that many of the luxury goods you buy currently are made
in China?

Do you know that some idiot saying something on a blog does not
make it so?

Can you dress yourself?"

The anonymous Canadian wrote “Do you know that the car showed (sic) will never hit the US shores and yes, does sell for about $4,000 in China” The original post stated that the car sells for “$3600 overseas and as much as 5000 euros in Europe”. The original post also stated “Hey George, good luck with the US Department of Transportation, I’m sure that they would love to allow that thing into the states.” That bit of sarcasm may be over anonymouses head but a normal person would interpret that line as stating my doubts about the car being allowed into the US. As an aside I own a ’66 Porsche race car that was brought into the states six years ago, so I do have some familiarity with the process. Anonymous also wrote “Do you know that some idiot saying something on a blog does not make it so?” Alert, sarcasm follows! Good Lord, you’re kidding me! Do you mean to say that keyboards don’t have miraculous powers? Sarcasm over. One should also be wary of insinuating that the Gateway Pundit is an unreliable source, it is not.

The deleted post also contained this bit of wisdom “Do you know that many of the luxury goods you buy currently (ed. “you buy currently”?) are made in China?” Actually I’m not buying much in the way of “luxury goods” from Wal-Mart so that statement is disputable, however I did recently purchased a Ryobi cordless drill that was made in China. Drills are not luxury goods. I simply do not consider the deleted comment to be criticism as it includes this doozy “Can you dress yourself?” I’m not sure what that is other than a comment from some guy sitting in a basement in Ottawa fanaticizing about naked bloggers. If I had time to respond to that incoherent post before the markets opened Friday morning I would’ve done that instead of simply deleting the thing but I was in a hurry at 5:45 Friday morning, what with having an actual job and all. As the blogger here I do have that power and will exercise it at my discretion.

As to Mr. Soros worrying about me, he doesn't and he shouldn't. I understand that he has handed the firm’s trading duties over to his son; however every great trader wonders who is out there to take him/her down a peg (or some pegs as the case may be). Although I have never met Mr. Soros, I would not be surprised if has heard of me, I am interviewed in the financial press five days a week. And as to the comment concerning me “outfoxing” the Soros Fund, you are showing your ignorance, a good (small) trader lets the big boys beat themselves up while gathering the crumbs. One can live pretty well on the crumbs left by the likes of George Soros (see above reference to Porsche race car). And finally, yes I have less money than George Soros, I am in the same boat as billions and billions of other folks on this planet; making that “insult” rather ignorant, a reoccurring theme with this commenter.

The ignorant commenter also missed the fact that Flying Debris misspelled the car’s name, it is the Chery QQ rather than the Cherry QQ. In the mean time the Hoser has congratulated himself for some sort of witty criticism that was just too tough to handle; I have already stated that the comment was simply dumb and said nothing useful, thus it wasn’t even criticism it was keyboard masturbation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home