Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Moonbat Ballots in Chicago

Well I was the 169th voter in my precinct (about the same as during the primaries) in Lincoln Park and I had to laugh about some of the “ballot initiatives”. One was to raise the minimum wage, something that our Democratic Governor has promised for a post-election legislative session; but it gives some people a chance to give themselves a raise (many local union contracts are a multiple of the minimum wage). That has to be the most bizarre initiative out there. I own the company that I run and although my employees are paid well over the minimum wage I might be tempted to close shop and move to a friendlier locale and simply trade for myself if Blago and his ilk tried to take control of my company. The other funny ballot initiative is the “Bug-Out” or “Cut and Run” initiative, to leave Iraq. I expect that both initiatives will pass in this state; meaning that my neighbors are not friendly to employers or to people in search for freedom in their own lands. The later point is interesting because the locals do not support any action that would curb the flow of illegal aliens into our city (ultimately undermining nonprofesional wages and the employers of those close to the minimum), nor will they support freedom in those potential workers’ home lands. This makes bus boys cheaper so the local Democrats can continue to dine out cheaply! Touché!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrat's on voting. did it myself this morning.

yes, those inatives can be strange and funny to read!

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home