Tuesday, July 24, 2007

What Would the Left Do?




What would a lefty blogger do with the hysterical pictures above? A couple of weeks ago I was driving up the Edens Expressway when I came across the woman pictured above. She had part of her car dragging behind her and it was attached to a bumper that held a sticker for last fall's (and a current) Democratic candidate for Congress in the Illinois 10th Congressional District, Dan Seals. Well if the shoe was on the other foot and the car had a bumper sticker for 10th District Congressman Mark Kirk (R-IL) you can bet that those photos wouldn't have languished inside of an iphone but rather they would have been trotted out to show how heartless, stupid and yes dangerous those evil Republicans are. I did no such thing concerning those funny photos, Dan Seals and the Democratic Party because it would have been stupid.

Well none other than Illinois 10th Congressional District Democratic blogger and Dan Seals supporter Ellen Beth Gill, the blogger at Ellen's Illinois Tenth Congressional District Blog that I wrote about here, has written a post concerning a woman who allegedly drove through a stop sign "in the city" (I would presume Chicago) while using her Blackberry-type device. Ellen has blamed the incident (that occurred "in the city") on President George Bush and the North Shore Congressman Kirk. This has got to be one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever read. I must ask, does this nonsense represent the left side of the blog world? I must also note that she has no photos of that neo-con outrage "in the city."

One would think that a resident of one of Chicago's suburbs would know that the residents of the city of Chicago are overwhelmingly Democratic and the women are even more so. Especially if said suburbanite is part of * the local suburban Democratic Party. Frankly, if the event described actually occurred the driver was likely one of Ellen's compatriots who was driving-while-blackberrying "in the city". Maybe it was even a lady on an iphone reading one of Ellen's posts.


*It is well worth noting that the link for "part of" is to the Illinois 10th Democratic Organization. When I was a child I did a lot of work for Democrats in that area for the New Trier Democratic Organization (NTDO),some of it for the Mikva campaigns mentioned on the 10th site and that my late father was once a force in the NTDO; along with the late yachtsman Lynn Williams. I cannot speak for Mr. Williams but my father recognized the problems that his party has been having with the far left long ago and would have appalled that the 10th District Organization has become so closely aligned with the Daily Kos types and their yearly convention. The Yealrly Kos will be the same weekend as Lollapalooza, go figure.

Big Hat Tip to Publia of the Wilmette blog who noted the ridiculous post in the comments section of my original post on Ellen's Tenth.

Last night I incorrectly wrote that I had worked for the IL 10th Democratic Organization and have since corrected the post.

Many thanks to the wonderful Dr. Sanity and her Carnival of Insanities for inclusion again this week. Go read her blog!

Update: Thank you Team America! You are right that link was incorrect, I thought that I doulble checked it after posting; I blame Dick Cheney! The correct link is now posted, thanks again.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Publia said...

That is an exremely dangerous vehicle to be travelling on the expressway, and irresponsible for its owner to be driving it there. You should email the picture to Ellen so she can blog on why it is George Bush's fault, or maybe Mark Kirk has a supply of bumper stickers and is putting these people on the road? What a photo!

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

El Rider- I agree that the "Blackberry" post has got to win some prize as one of the most asine things ever. Even for Ellen. But I think the link might be to the wrong post, you may want to double-check.

Keep up the good work!

TA

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home