Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Obama Clicks Heels 3 Times and Finds Magical Motor!

Last weekend in Pennsylvania Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) made a speech that touched on all sorts of ignorant liberal delusions, he said that with the investment of $250 Billion 4 or 5 years ago that we could now have automobile engines that would not require fossil fuels. Was he high? Is he ill? Seriously, what the hell is wrong with the guy? Sure, I have been hearing such nonsense from some of my more liberal friends for decades, but those clowns aren't running for anything but a taxicab.

This sort of nonsense has been rife among leftists for years. I have been hearing that the "oil companies" have stopped dramatic advances in engine technology by buying patents and by other means since I was a child in the 1960s. Earth to liberal lawyers, patents expire. That bit of reality is often met with icy stares and talk of how I might be part of the conspiracy.

I am an avid sport car nut and not only have I built automobile engines but I even once blogged about building an engine to run on E85, ethanol. Over the years I have even read information from the SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) on the subject of new engines and I have absolutely no idea what this unprincipled politician is talking about. Well, I must confess that I do know what he is talking about, as an old theology teacher used to say, "Lies, All Lies!"

Here is what the Black Rand McNally had to say, "if we had tried to look at how are we going to create a new engine that doesn't run on fossil fuels. Imagine that. Over the last five years, we could be in a position now where we could have perhaps sliced our energy consumption by a third, and if we had done that gas prices would be low because people wouldn't be using gas." Where do these people get this silly stuff? Hey Hopey, try that line in Michigan, a place where folks actually work on their cars and know about such things.

I should add that this bit of dishonesty fits perfectly with many of Obama's economic ideas, they rely on Jack's Magic Beans.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Publia said...

I have heard a number of people discussing the engines that run on water, the tired "buying up patents" nonsense, etc. I know for a fact these people aren't liberal, but there is no question that they are ignorant. There has to be a starting point where oil companies became the enemy, but where? Meanwhile, Barack Obama will be healing the invisible hand, God help us!

7:24 AM  
Blogger El Rider said...

It strikes me that the only true "water powered" vehicles are barges (except where tugs are involved), rafts and Niagara Falls barrels.

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home