Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Andrew Greeley - Racists Don't Drive Nice Cars

Yeh, I said WTF after reading the latest excuse for commentary from Andrew Greeley. Mr. Greeley (a much despised Catholic Priest) stated that Trinity United's pastor Jeremiah Wright is not a racist because, get this, his parishioners dress nicely and drive nice cars. Hmmm. Giving absolutely no help to Obama Greeley went on to insult every Catholic in Chicagoland by stating that "(n)o Catholic parish in Chicago I know of displays such relaxed prosperity on a Sunday."

As I wrote in this post, while a college student in the Deep South I protested a Ku Klux Klan rally on the steps of the Mobile (Al.) City Hall and the words of the Alabama Knights of the Ku Klux Klan were little different from the words of Barack Obama's preacher and mentor Jerimiah Wright. In fact, I can state that I have never heard the type of relaxed racism and conspiratorial garbage spewn by Mr. Wright in any Catholic church anywhere, ever.

I must also point out that those parishioners have been on television, we've seen them and they are not good dressers, period.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Publia said...

Maybe you were lucky enough NOT to read yesterday's column in the Sun Times. He called Hillary a racist. I am not a Hillary fan, but that is one nasty allegation, and for all I can determine, for everything you could call Hillary, rascist isn't one of them. After all the years of peddling hate and calling it "highmindedness," this may be the year when the chickens come home to roost, and the Democrats eat their own.

Also, there are millions of protestants out there who probably think Greeley is what Catholicism it all about.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home