Monday, February 27, 2006

Is the Cover Band Thing Getting Out of Hand?

Okay, there is something mildly wrong with this, Thursday night at the Cubby Bear in Chicago the band Lez Zeppelin will be performing. Now don’t get me wrong, I’ve got nothing against lesbians, but we’re talking Zep here. I guess if you want your Zeppelin sung by some sort of Joan Jett with hair then this is your band. I once saw the band Dread Zeppelin at the Cubby Bear, so maybe its just a Zeppelin thing. In defense of the Cubby Bear I have seen some great shows over there, including Johnny Cash with June Carter Cash and the Carter Sisters. I know that I shouldn’t razz a band (Lez Zeppelin) that I haven’t seen, no less heard, but what the heck, it’s a cover band. My objection comes from the fact that I’m kind of “old school” about Zep. I saw the original line-up as a kid and I have the hearing loss to prove it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home