Friday, April 11, 2008

Does My iPhone Hate Glenn Reynolds?

That would be Professor Glen Reynolds of the fantastic Instapundit. Some explanation is in order, whenever I use my iPhone's Safari web browser to head on over to Instapundit the phone's screen goes blank when the scroll function is used before the page is fully loaded into memory. The iPhone doesn't store more than one previously browsed page, the phone's non wi-fi download speed is slow and the Instapundit page, with it's graphical ads takes a while to download, combined it leads to some frustration and lots of waiting. The cure is to stop the download (the text on his site downloads pretty quickly) by tapping the "X" at the top right-hand corner of the screen. This problem likely effects other people on other sites but I haven't noticed the problem elsewhere.

This afternoon the Professor commented that although he needs a new phone, he would not be buying an iPhone. I like mine but I can't blame Reynold's, it seems that the phone doesn't like him very much.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home