Friday, April 14, 2006

Kill the Blasphemous PETA Members! Whoops, I forgot, I’m not a Muslim

Due to the fact that I am not a Muslim I will not call for the death of all PETA members after their Vienna chapter has decided to promote their cause (starvation) by “crucifying” three people made up to look like animals. That action is, of course, an insult to Christians around the world on Good Friday. I do not expect the Pope or any other Christian religious leaders to call for the death of PETA members. This is just another thing that separates enlightened humans from the Muslim horde. However, I do expect a number of the pansy editorial boards of western newspapers to publish photos of the “protest” all the while telling the world that they are standing up for free speech. PETA is smart not to use cartoons in their little “protest”. Cartoons scare newspaper people. “Oh no, not the cartoon! Anything but the CARTOON!”

In an amusing aside to this Muslim Jihad silliness; during the summer of 2001 I was reading the Financial Times when I noticed a blurb that one Jusuf Islam had re-issued a Jihad against the author Salmon Rushdie. Jusuf is the former Cat Stevens, a washed up pop singer from the ‘70s. Imagine if other religions allowed pop singers to issue death edicts, the world would be a mess. Keith Richards would issue Jihads against bottles of Jack Daniels, Dolly Parton would issue jihads against gravity and I don’t even get me started on Marilyn Manson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home