Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Ellen's History for the Dumb

How else to describe the people who congregate over at Ellen's Tenth...blah,blah... Ellen, writing from some pathetic swamp is now blaming the AMT on Rep. Mark Kirk (R-IL). Hey Pythagoras, he was in fifth grade when the Democratic Party decided that this piece of ignorant, jealousy-inspired, Democratic garbage should be enacted into law. I can attest that Mark Kirk was not in Congress voting with those idea-challenged Democrats of the late sixties. Just as a little hint to Ellen, Mark was also not in Congress during the Seventies, the Eighties or the Nineties. In 1969 Mark and I were doing multiplication tables in Mr. Monts' class you ditz!

The AMT, the Alternative Minimum Tax, was implemented by a Democratic Congress in 1969. The Democrats implemented this nonsense to force several tax payers who had somehow avoided paying taxes to pay a minimal amount of federal tax. In their utter ignorance the Democratic Party decided that the tax needn't be indexed for inflation and they have rhetorically fought against any such indexation in years past. They even regularly stated that they wanted the revenue.

So as a hint to Ellen, the people who you support gave us this ridiculous, jealousy-inspired tax law. Now that the tax is affecting some of Ellen's compatriots (though surely not Ellen herself) she is blaming Republicans for a Democratic law. Delusion, Thy Name is Ellen's Tenth.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Team America said...

El Rider- a great post, and you have really captured the sense of indignation that I think many of us feel when we read one of Ellen's manifestos in which she finds ways to blame absolutely all of the world's ills on Mark Kirk. The AMT is only the latest example. How she can possibly blame Kirk for the stupid AMT (which finally snared me this year) I cannot rationalize. But in Ellen's universe, anything is possible.

9:07 PM  
Blogger El Rider said...

Thanks TA,
I will admit that I have little respect for people like Ellen and sometimes it shows on this blog. During the Clinton Administration we saw so many of those viscous attacks and utterly dishonest statements that it was sickening. I for one am so sick of those disingenuous liars that I can hardly stand it. Ellen appears to be angling for a spot in a future Clinton Administration. Unfortunately for Ellen she is not as good as those professional scumbags.

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ellen Beth Gill is a sad vicious person with no boyfriend, husband or life. Just a cat and a blog. Only 36 people read her.

Sad and boring.

7:21 PM  
Blogger El Rider said...

As should be pretty clear from reading this blog I am no fan of Ellen's pontifications but I have no idea what her personal life is like nor do I think that it is a relevant issue. Ellen certainly gives enough ammunition to her detractors as it is.

TA once commented that Ellen has had 50,000 hits on her blog and I believe that. So she certainly has more than 36 readers; thus yes, I believe that Ellen has more readers than cats.

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Now that the tax is effecting some of Ellen's compatriots (though surely not Ellen herself) she is blaming Republicans for a Democratic law."

After Ms. Monts' class, maybe you should have gone to English I and learned the difference between affect and effect.

9:56 PM  
Blogger El Rider said...

Thank you Anon.,
Maybe I should just be more focused when I write. As to proof-reading, it is tough for me to do on pieces that I write. I would've caught that if I hadn't written it and assumed that the word that I had meant to use was in there. This blog is partly an exercise in writing for a person (me) who has spent years in a trading pit rather than behind a keyboard. Thanks again for the criticism, I will correct that. I hope that you enjoyed your stay.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home